Friday, July 04, 2003

No. I am NOT going to copy

Okay. Start over. I've been writing an online journal since July 27, 2000, which was before there were blogs. If anyone is desperate enough to read all that, go here. Have yourself a field day. Don't forget to wash your hands afterword.

This is a test. This is only a test. Do not attempt to adjust your controls. Have a nice day.

Time out for a poem. I dislike words, so it's punctuation only today, sorry.


??

!

...?

.

.

!!!

...


Okay, that's the end of that.

Today's featured bumper sticker is "Down with King George!"

Want a cool site? You probably shouldn't be reading this then. I'm late-30's married with kid former roleplayer current science fiction freak former APAzine editor current website publisher always early adopter angry abandoned Democrat geek. I've got a BA and a mouth, and I'm not afraid to use either one (the BA doesn't do much, though). You're losing coolness by the microsecond, just reading this.

I HTML by hand, for god's sake!

Still here? You're a better man than I, Gunga Din!

Okay, here's something incredibly obscure: "Good Morning World", a Levis jingle from 1972. http://www.maranci.net/levis.wav. If you were born in 1964, you might remember this. Turn your volume down, it's loud.

Not good enough? How about this? Something really, REALLY good. And obscure. Space Moose! It silently disappeared off the web a couple of months ago, and I was apparently the only person who snagged it. The snag was flawed, but most of the strips were saved. And I sent the files to someone who set up a mirror. Flawed, like I said, but still some of the best sick humor ever on the web. And virtually no one knows about it.

I recently found some more of the missing strips and annotations, and maybe that guy will use them to improve his mirror, but if not...I'll still have them.

Anything else? Oh yeah, the name. I used to write political humor online under the name "Quasit". Then I realized that most online activists would rather spend time circle jerking and whining than doing anything meanigful, and that the Democratic Party couldn't be less interested in actually providing opposition to the Boy Tyrant, so I got pissed off and Quasit died.

Now I'm playing with the Google toolbar until my Windows dies. Probably next Tuesday.

I tried to take the name "Omac" when I got here, but somebody else had already grabbed it. Which makes me suspicious. Who else knows about the One Man Army Corps? I thought Jack Kirby had lived in vain.

Okay, stream of consciousness goes here. Half-assed simulation of rationality goes there (on my old site). Do not mix, let stand for three hours, and serve at room temperature.

No comments: